The world has been particularly taken up by the storms ever since the term “vegan” or “veganism” has entered the lexicon. A vegan is a person who avoids all animal food products on ethical or moral grounds. Veganism is a practice which strongly opposes the cruelty or exploitation of any animal in the form of food, clothing or overall lifestyle.
From denying to use leather handbags which makes great gifts for girlfriend and other special ladies of your life to relishing poultry products like eggs, milk, etc, vegan have said no to animal products or anything that has been made from it.
Many people love to often show some support towards the animals and end up practicing the vegan lifestyle. It’s a choice that people make for the good or the well-being of the animals. Here are a few reasons why you should too choose a vegan lifestyle.
- It Is Sure To Energize You – Research claims that vegans are about 20 pounds lighter in their body weight as compared to meat-eaters. So if you are willing to lose some fine calories in the coming months, then try being a vegan. It tends to keep the excess fat off for good and have plenty of energy to be invested in various human activities.
- Make You Healthier And Happier – Ailments like heart disease, cancer, diabetes, and high blood pressure are seen to be more evident in meat eaters than vegans. Vegans have a healthy meal which provides all the nutrients needed by a body in the right proportions such as plant protein, fibre, and minerals.
As meat is mostly high in cholesterol and saturated animal fat, it is often classified to be somewhat unhealthy which leads to causing the deadly diseases if consumed regularly.
- It Is Delicious – Yes, you heard us right! Vegan food is equally or possibly more delicious than it seems. You won’t just be able to grab a bite of chicken, fish and other such meat. But the substitutes of each of these are absolutely mouth-watering. The food and baking industry is coming up with something new based on plant products to help you kick start off your vegan diet.
- Meat Is Extremely Unpleasant – If you happen to think of meat can be often contaminated with faces, blood, and other bodily fluids of the animal. It is also said that food poisoning is primarily caused by consumption of meat because of this particular reason. Each year around 2.4 million cases of food poisoning which results in diarrhea, cramping, abdominal pain, and fever.
- Best Way To Help Animals – They can’t cry for help but that doesn’t mean that they don’t cry at all. If you happen to call yourself an animal lover and not just adore the cutesy teddy bear soft toy and other plush animal toys, then you would help them by saying no to all those products made of them. Opt for plant-based products instead of animal products.
- Save The Planet – No new fact that meat is not environment friendly. Hence consuming meat is one of the worst things that you can possibly do to harm the Earth. Meat is one of the reasons which lead to causing environmental pollution; it is wasteful and one of the causes of climate change. If you happen to opt for veganism, you will be one of the saviors of the Mother Earth.
So, these were some of the valid reasons that you must consider as you opt for a vegan lifestyle. Though it will be something different, it would make you feel grateful for your own integral contribution. So, try it to save Mother Earth!